Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is it possible to restrict user for registering not more than 24 hours in Timesheet under individual task?

Level 10

Is it possible to restrict user for registering not more than 24 hours in Timesheet under individual task?

BR

Kundan.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I always though this basic check (hours-per-day over 24 hours) not existing was rather a serious, basic oversight. I'd consider it a bug in most software.

Of course, we're still at a loss as to why users should be allowed to go over plan hours without approval...but that "hard stop" doesn't exist as an option either. :-(

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 3

Hi Kundan! No, there's no way to restrict how many hours are reported on each task or a combination of tasks. The best thing to do is create an "exceptions" report, where you can use filters or conditional formatting to call out such mistakes. This actually is much better than providing a restriction, since you can see that someone probably made an entry mistake and you can contact them to correct the error. You have the flexibility in reporting to filter on individual task hour entries or total daily hours entered by an individual user.

Level 10

Thanks for confirming, Chuck. Given that, Kundan, I invite you to consider our UberTimesheet solution which can limit time entry to 24 hours on a single day, along with other interesting options (such as no time recording against Completed Tasks, etc.). If you have any specific questions, you're welcome to email me at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com.

Regards,

Doug

Correct answer by
Level 10

I always though this basic check (hours-per-day over 24 hours) not existing was rather a serious, basic oversight. I'd consider it a bug in most software.

Of course, we're still at a loss as to why users should be allowed to go over plan hours without approval...but that "hard stop" doesn't exist as an option either. :-(

Level 10

Thanks to all for your valuable inputs and sharing your experiences.

BR

Kundan

Level 6

We've built a check for that via Fusion. But in our case it is managed on the company level (to which the user belongs) and can be overriden on the user level. Why? Our companies are around the world with different labour laws concerning the max. hours per day. On individual level because we have "dummy" users for our finance teams to make bulk hour bookings (e.g. for users on maternity leave which could be up to two years :-)).