Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is it possible to put a cross project predecessor on tasks in a template?

Level 3

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Not to my knowledge Tracy, but if you could, I’d be interested to learn how you would then take advantage of it.

Regards,

Doug

Level 3

Personally, I have templates for projects that I need to keep separate for a creative team and a product team. The task lists are dependent on each other but function independently. I need to trigger one to start and don't want to have to do it manually every time I start a project in this template.

Thanks Tracy, Since you need to keep the Templated Creative Team and Production Team Projects separate, I concur that connecting the appropriate cross project predecessors manually is the only option within Workfront...and appreciate that doing so is tedious. If you’d like to learn how our UberCalc solution could automate that process, I invite you to email me at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com Regards, Doug https://store.atappstore.com/product/ubercalc/