Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is it possible to integrate Workfront with Sharepoint? I have an Analytics team that has reports in Sharepoint that need to be shared with Workfront users.

Level 1

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 4

There is a native integration to SharePoint available: https://www.workfront.com/integrations/sharepoint

We are currently checking whether we can manage the integration within the given security framework of our IT department. Seems to be a promising feature...

Level 2

Yes. Our team has been using it successfully for the past year and a half. The integration creates linked files and folders in Workfront. It can only upload, view, and download files in Workfront. Need to access files and folders in SharePoint to edit and rename them. Usually requires IT to manage certificates and some setups. We also use OneDrive which gives us access to cloud documents and synced files. Overall, works well enough as long as all users who need access are in-network.

Level 1

Thanks so much for your response. This is exactly what I need to do. Is this pretty easy to set up or do I need to get a more "techy" person to do it? If it's fairly simple, is there a way you could show me how to do it or point me in the right direction?

Level 2

Hi Leslie, I'm not sure about your specific situation but it depends on how your overall network is managed. If you go to Setup/Documents/SharePoint Integration and click Add SharePoint, you can see the details needed for setup. If you're comfortable supplying that info then you can probably DIY. But if you need to ensure SSO, SharePoint Site setup, and certificate management, then you might want to get some support. Also, if you search on Workfront Support you'll find most of the instructions you'll needed. Cheers!

Level 10
I’m not sure if integrations with SharePoint are possible, but Workfront is really good at eliminating the need for it altogether. The sooner you start thinking about the problem this way, the sooner you can let that relic of the 2000-2010s go. Narayan Raum Workfront COE @ Truist Financial

Level 1

Ha! Totally agree with you Narayana. I always like to at least entertain their questions and go back to them with findings. At the end of the day, the goal is to definitely let Workfront eliminate some of the noise that is happening. thanks again.

Level 3

I tested the SharePoint integration out before we rolled out Workfront, about a year and a half ago. It worked all right but the biggest issue we had was the proofing and versioning aspect, especially versioning. SharePoint can do versioning, and so can Workfront, but the 2 don't mirror each other, and people would have to learn how to go to SharePoint to do things separate from Workfront. You don't see the count of versions in the details in Workfront. It just seemed too complicated for our users, and versioning is an important feature for us. So we are using only Workfront, no SharePoint integration. It's going well.

Level 1

Thanks to all. I've decided to create a dashboard that houses the name of the report in Sharepoint and provides a url. This will drive them into Sharepoint and they can see the reports they need. This will work until I implement this team's processes into Workfront.

Level 4

Two additional thoughts for linking to the SharePoint:

You could consider the "Button" Tweak by @Doug Den Hoed‚ as shown here: https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D50z00006br85JCAQ/huh-i-just-added-a-button-to-a-dashboard

Alternatively, you could consider embedding the report into a Workfront Dashboard. However, in that case you probably need a public access profile, as SharePoint usually refuses to be loaded in an iframe.