Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is it possible to get Hours and Expenses onto the same report?

Level 10

Finance needs to be able to see costs for a project that show Expenses an Hours together (not on separate reports on a dashboard).

Normally this data gets exported for manipulation in a custom Filemaker tool (the only way we could get comprehensive burn reports). But I have a few users (Finance, Strategy Lead, etc.) that are still pressing for an in-WF solution for specific kinds of "burn."

I don't see a relationship between Expenses and Hours. Seems like Task could possibly bridge that gap (Hours-against-task and Expenses-against-task), but I've never been able to get tasks to do complex hours or expenses breakdowns…had to use Hours or Expense reports respectively to get details.

QUESTIONS:

• Can Hours and Expense details be present on the same report, and available to do things like calculate totals? Like broken down "by project by task by user"?
  • Barring that, can a Task report (or some other report) show columns listing hours and expenses that are filtered (such as "all Strategy hours and expenses from Task X").
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 4

I would also be very interested in such a solution

Level 10

Thats a very good option it could be possible in Workfront. Do you know any idea created for such an option in Innovation lab.

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 2

This would be awesome to have, we also need a solution for burn reporting in WF - currently i don't think there is a way to combine hour and expense reports, maybe there is something in the innovation lab?