Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is it possible to create a custom section, which is displayed in the left panel of a project, that shows all the document approvals (NOT proofs - the old-school document approvals) within the project?

Level 2

I would like to create a custom section, attached to projects, that displays a Document Approval report that shows all of the document approvals that have been created within the project. I don't know if this matters, but we're not talking about proofs. Rather, this particular workflow uses the old-school document approvals.

The Create Custom Tabs or Sections documentation page describes how for custom sections, the object to which it is attached acts as a filter on its own, which is quite nifty. Problem is, the auto-filtering only applies to Project, Task, Issue, Approval Process, Note, and Document reports. It doesn't work by default for Document Approval reports, or any of the other report types.

Is there a way to get the auto-filtering to work for any report that is used within a custom section?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Matt,

Although on an external page in a dashboard you can pass the current {!ID} of the current object you are observing (e.g. Project ID, Task ID, etc.), to my knowledge, only the certain objects "self filter" as you've observed.

Regards,

Doug