Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Is anyone using a project as a Team FAQ or Source of Truth?

Level 2

We are looking at ways to set up a project as an individual team's Source of Truth and are curious if anyone has done so and what that looks like. A place to hold any team documentation or quick guides. I've seen it mentioned in a few of the webinars/events but can't seem to locate that information. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I do this. I created a project and have the tasks as a resource and use the URL field with a link to where to find the resource. I call it a knowledgebase project. Then I create a report/dashboard and pin it to a layout template.

KellieGardner_0-1712346322498.png

This is the code for the "click here" 

columnwidth=500
displayname=Help Link
link.url=URL
linkedname=html(URL)
shortview=true
textmode=true
usewidths=true
valueexpression=IF(!ISBLANK({URL}),CONCAT("Click Here"),"")
valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I do this. I created a project and have the tasks as a resource and use the URL field with a link to where to find the resource. I call it a knowledgebase project. Then I create a report/dashboard and pin it to a layout template.

KellieGardner_0-1712346322498.png

This is the code for the "click here" 

columnwidth=500
displayname=Help Link
link.url=URL
linkedname=html(URL)
shortview=true
textmode=true
usewidths=true
valueexpression=IF(!ISBLANK({URL}),CONCAT("Click Here"),"")
valueformat=HTML

Motion seconded @KellieGardner

I recommend the same approach, noting that by using Tasks, you can also:

• use parent > child > grandchild (etc.) tasks to create volumes > chapters > topic hierarchical reference material 
  • use the built in Task Number sort (or some fancy view / indenting / grouping) to reinforce the hierarchical nature
  • use collapse by default to help users focus on the top level items first, then expand as needed (or expand all, if preferred)
  • use assignments (i.e. by user, group, team, etc.) to manage which users see what tasks (i.e. references)
  • use task status (or more sophisticatedly, planned start and completion dates, as a "do not open until" and "best before" respectively) to control which tasks (references) are shown when should be presented, via the report filter
  • use charts (e.g. by parent, with children stacked) to navigate graphically by area, then (once a child is clicked), within the list, via the hyperlink

Regards,

Doug

CC: @justincross - as per our discussion