Expand my Community achievements bar.

Introducing Workfront to New Teams

Level 7
Hi All, We are currently onboarding a whole new department on to our Workfront environment and wondered if anyone has any tips/feedback that could help us along the way. We are trying to make sure we don't miss anything as we were not involved in the initial WF set up in the business and want it to have minimal impact to the teams already on WF. After this department, other teams are in a queue to use Workfront too! Thanks in advance, Vicky. Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited
4 Replies

Level 5
Hi Vicky, We had everyone take the online team member training and login before our live training. This allowed them to prepare questions for the live training and then get up to speed much faster. Everyone who did not take the online training has had a much harder time onboarding. Aileen Aileen Taylor Cell Signaling Technology

Level 3
The answer to your question tends to be "it depends" on how many people are involved. As I have seen, the Workfront environment can quickly become dysfunctional when using the many quick ideas without really understanding the long-term direction of your enterprise. How may I help you get started on the right track knowing that long-term is many additional groups co-existing in one environment? Send me a note through community. Doug Williams - NETSource Consulting NETSource Consulting dwilliams@netsourceconsultinginc.com | www.netsourceconsultinginc.com Helping others simplify the complexities of their Workfront installations.

Level 10
I agree with Aileen. We required everyone to take the WF training courses appropriate to their role, then did our own instructor led training to show them how the work should flow and be processed etc. at our organization. Then we walked the floor for two weeks asking people how they're doing and answering questions and providing tips. This was a big help as no one asked a question unless I was at their desk asking how they were doing. Good luck!!

Level 7
Hi All, Thanks for your responses. I think I should have maybe been a little more specific in my original post but my question is more relating to the actual set up we have on Workfront, teams, groups, sharing etc Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited