Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Interested in how Baselines on a Project works, specifically baseline recurrence

Level 4

I started to investigate creating some Project Baseline Reports and noticed two fields called Auto Baseline Recurrence Type and a second field called Auto Baseline Recur on. I do not know where that information is set (I am not an administrator) and secondly what the possibilities are and third what the impacts are when that information is modified.

In my reports the Auto Baseline Recurrence Type = "Weekly" and the Auto Baseline Recur = "0" for all of our projects.

Appreciate anyone that can share some insight as I am reviewing the possibility of setting a new baseline monthly for any active project.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Frank,

The Auto Baseline properties have been around a long time, but I was never able to discover a way to put them to use, and suspect they might be scaffolded, but incomplete. So instead, we developed our Create Baseline solution, which you can use to automatically create a baseline for multiple Workfront projects on a scheduled basis, and provides a wealth of reporting information you can then leverage for trends and insight.

Regards,

Doug