Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Integrating Webdam and Workfront via the API

Level 2
Hi All Currently we create issues and upload documents to Workfront using the API to integrate with our ERP. We also have a subscription to Webdam where we store all of our images. In Workfront I successfully integrated Webdam as a cloud provider so we can link to documents, now I'd like to turn the Turbo on as it were. We want to attach the Webdam,documents to a Workfront issue via the API, where the documents reside in Webdam, and in the Workfront issue, document section, there is a link back to the document in Webdam. I can see where you can do this with a few clicks of the mouse, but couldn't find anything on if this is even possible with the API. I know this is a bit mind numbing, but if anyone has any thoughts on this, or needs further explanation, let me know. Thanks, Tim Tim Shenton
1 Reply

Level 10
@Tim Shenton , I'd be interested to know how this turns out for you. My understanding is that you are uploading to the DAM, then connecting to Workfront? Or is it the other way around? What I have right now is some automation around setting metadata with the issue and the documents with the issue. It's all carved out for our librarian to push it to proper folders on the DAM and that's the manual part of it. It's a daily process and the librarian is notified each day if there is anything for her to upload to the DAM. What I did notice though is that every time the librarian pushes it to the DAM, the one on workfront appears to become a "version 2". If you do an API document lookup and do a fields=*,versions:*, you'll be able to see there it's external information is linked to workfrontdam. Maybe that's a clue on how to get it going... Regards. Polly Co