Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Integrating Dropbox with Workfront

Level 2
Hi. Not sure if this is the right group for this topic, but here goes. We recently added Dropbox Business as our shared workspace, moving from a hard-wired server. We are encountering challenges with using a central shared folder for our project repository, since it appears that Workfront only talks to each team member's unique user folder - not team folders. So when adding links to proofs or assets, Workfront only shows what's inside the user's own personal folder, not the shared team space. This means file redundancy and a breakdown in version control. In addition, after linking a proof to your personal Dropbox folder, you then need to go to Dropbox and invite anyone intended to review the proof or assets to that folder. This seems counterintuitive. I am new to Dropbox Business and also relatively new to Workfront, so if anyone has some insights I would appreciate it! Heidi Spurgin, Creative Director Welk Resort Group
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 1
Hi Heidi, We have submitted a feature request for this functionality last year, I was told it was going to be included around the 19.2 release, this didn't happen and so I chased and was told while it is still on the project roadmap there were not able to provide a timeline due to changing priorities. Maybe if you submit a ticket as well this will get some more traction for them to complete the upgrade. Thanks Mark Mark Smith SDL technology projects