Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

In a task report > Groupings > Matrix Settings, for Task Estimate, how can we get the Matrix table value to show sum rather than count?

Level 2

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make an estimated hours matrix table per iteration for a client.

Unfortunately, the value is only counting the amount of tasks we have in the iterations rather than summing up the estimated hours, is there anyway to get around this? Ideally I just want it to be sum, rather than count? But the option is not showing for myself, is there anything I can input into text mode to allow this to occur?

I have checked the hours report, and doesn't have the options for team name, or iteration name, so it won't work on there.

Thanks!

Jez

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Jez, I suggest you add the Planned Hours column to the view of your report and (here’s the trick) choose to “sum” that column, then see if “sum” is then be available in addition to Record Count on the Matrix (as is the case for charts). Regards, Doug

Level 2

Hi Doug,

Thanks, the sum is available. But unfortunately, then the planned hours then takes place of the estimated hours. Planned hours would work, but one iteration was on points, so it throws it off. I've opted to go for story points now.

Thanks!

Jez