Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

If we want to set KPI for everyone's performance in WF, how to make it measurable?

Level 1
I mean we want everyone can use WF as his/her daily work tools, push them work in WF, so we want to put this performance related with their bonus, then we need to set this target is measurabled first, how to define this? Anyone can share? Thanks~~
3 Replies

Level 2
Nicole; Lots of ways to integrate WF performance into Bonus alignment, ect. . You may want to create some planned v actual reporting to capture when a task was scheduled vs marked complete. Also, total tasks assigned during any time period, total WF login's, comments or likes could also be utilized. If you are logging time: consider planned hours vs logged hours for individual performance metrics aross the larger team! Join me on LinkedIN

Level 5
Great question as I need to create similar reports for my VP and we are just 7 days into our launch of WF. Any suggestions as to how you don't penalize a person on % task complete for planned vs actual when their delay was due to a previous dependency out of their control (e.g. another colleague).

Level 5
Nicole - Great Topic! First, decide what you are trying to measure. As you develop metrics, be sure you are actually measuring what you think you are. And, be careful of unintended consequences. Measurement will drive behavior, but not necessarily the behavior you expect. Also - besides individual metrics, I've found that TEAM metrics can drive behavior by having the team members put pressure on each other to drive the overall score up. That said, a couple of metrics come to mind, but it all depends on the work that your teams do. For work order driven teams, turnaround time (entry to closure) measured against the Service Level Expectation or Agreement (SLA) is a great measure. Another metric could be the difference between entry and actual start date. On time delivery, as already mentioned, can be a great metric, but needs to be tempered with reality. I still think it has a place, and overall the average time to deliver will likely find its place even if outside forces interfere in one or two tasks. If there are these external forces, perhaps requiring an issue logged if a task is going to be late, then you can ignore (and audit) those that have an issue logged to the task. So, again, much of this depends on how you define "Performance in WF", and really goes back to change management. Set the expectations. Measure against them. and POST the measurements for all to see. Spotlight effect can be HIGHLY motivating, but be careful about unintended behaviors.