Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

IF statement help needed

Level 2

My team is looking to do some data clean up! I'm trying to develop syntax to filter out all programs with projects so the report only shows programs without projects.

Easier said than done, right? -- looks like we'll need to get creative. My thinking is leading me towards an IF statement to filer out projects with names on a program level report. I'm thinking something along the lines of... IF(project:name,ISBLANK) ... but I feel like I'm far off from a functional syntax. Please be gentile here, it's my first time writing IF statements.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 5

Hi Joseph,

When we were doing similar cleanup efforts for Programs, we made a Project report that showed the following:

0694X00000IAAOnQAP.png

Then added a Grouping of Program Name and Project Status

0694X00000IAASGQA5.png

and a chart

0694X00000IAASQQA5.png

This let us see really quick which Programs were potentially never used/abandoned/etc.

0694X00000IAASuQAP.png

Community Advisor

probably better if you use an exists statement for this one. You can find out more about them here:

https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=the-new-workfront-experience&topicId=Content%2FRe...

I know you mentioned that you were new to IF statements so I'll help you out with how the answer could look:

EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=PROJ

EXISTS:a:programID=FIELD:ID

but I also really encourage you to dig in there and see if you can create variations (for example, how about looking for programs that haven't had new projects created in the past year?). The examples listed in the help article are really useful learning tools if you work through them. Similarly you can pick up more examples, just doing keyword searches on "exists" or "notexists" on this website.

Community Advisor

I forgot to add: the above code is plugged into a program report filter. In regular english, it says "hey, if there is a program where no projects have the program listed as their program, please let me know"

Level 10

Hi Joseph,

In addition to Skye's link, there are also some great EXISTS and NOTEXISTS examples here; and since the particular business rule you're looking for is among many others we've solved for, I invite you to consider our Health Checker solution, which lets you lets you systematically analyze your Workfront instance using key Business Rules to identify, assess, and then deactivate or purge data clutter.

Regards,

Doug