Expand my Community achievements bar.

IF Calculated Field: Show Me the Error of My Ways (Please)

Level 1
Hey everyone, thanks in advance for your help! Goal: Translate login frequency to something qualitative (i.e. "daily," "monthly" etc) Trying this, with and without DE: IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}<=1.5,"Daily",IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}<=3.5,"Multiple Logins per Week",IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}<=7,"Weekly"),IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}<=14,"Biweekly"),IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}<31,"Monthly", IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}>=31,"Infrequent User"),"Infrequent User"))) Result : Weekly, Multiple Logins per Week, and Weekly results. Not calculating after that. Basically it looks like the first part in green works, and then it breaks. IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}<=1.5,"Daily",IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}<=3.5,"Multiple Logins per Week",IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}<=7,"Weekly"), IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}<=14,"Biweekly"),IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}<31,"Monthly", IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}>=31,"Infrequent User"))) Can you help me understand where and why I'm getting No Value? Thank you! Best, Ashley P.S. If you're curious about the field names, I've started doing # for calculations, #r for calcs that require refreshing (those that reference other objects or that I don't trust), and an abbreviation + pipe | for prefix. Overall these aren't causing me any issues but I'm also wondering if this is what's causing the error with a long calculation. Ashley Adam Amazon IT Services
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 2
You have the parentheses close right where you highlighted up to "Weekly") Remove the ) there as well as after "Biweekly") Your new statement should read: IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}<=1.5,"Daily",IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}<=3.5,"Multiple Logins per Week",IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}<=7,"Weekly",IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}<=14,"Biweekly",IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}<31,"Monthly", IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}>=31,"Infrequent User"),"Infrequent User"))))) (I might be missing a closing parentheses at the end.

Level 3
Ashley - Can I ask how you are using this information? I'm just curious to see if this is helping you examine your data in some way I haven't thought of yet. Denise Cossa

Level 1
Thank you! I knew I was doing something silly... Here's the calc now and it's working (if anyone wants it): IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}<=1.5,"Daily",IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}<=3.5,"Multiple Logins per Week",IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}<=7,"Weekly",IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}<=14,"Biweekly",IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}<31,"Monthly", IF({#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency}>=31,"Infrequent User",{#r ADM | Weekday Login Frequency})))))) Ashley Adam

Level 1
Hi Denise, I'm using this to make the translate the login frequency of a user into something digestible for those who don't prefer numbers. With a large but frugal org it's beneficial to see how much our users are actually utilizing their licenses, and login frequency is a factor in that. Do you have any other indicators you prefer to use to track license utilization? Ashley Adam

Level 10
Hi Ashley, In my org, it's important that we're making the best of our licenses that we pay for and that we don't max out if we can avoid it because procurement is near impossible these days to accomplish. I have a user report that looks for users who haven't logged in for the past n days who occupy a Plan or Work license and periodically execute the report to see how many licenses we're wasting money on. It's usually large since we have significant changes in teams and organization daily. Leveraging "https://ddh.my.workfront.com/report/public/view?publicToken=x6u1T7zd_sSDnYW-4L6X16raZ_qkvQ1Hw6vlv0V9ydc0ORYVdA7x5QTmIOYY9tgb1tbsIZH6pxVPuZXiMN_dJb0jaKtNm5Hm&endcap" WFPro License Recovery , us admins can click through links in the user report that perform two actions: 1) Reduce the license of the user to a Review license 2) Post an update to the users profile saying something like "You haven't logged in in 150 days, we're reducing you to Review, submit a request if you need your license restored and we'll be glad to help." 99% of the time, they never respond, telling me they didn't need the license. It's all functionality available to you now on a manual level, the package just makes it a 5 minute task to recover a hundred licenses instead of a hundred minutes recovering a handful of licenses. Thanks, Narayan