Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

If anyone is using the RAID Log on Projects I am interested in understanding how it is used

Level 4

I see the RAID Log on our Projects left navigation and considering using it; just not sure how it is used. I am trying to find something in the help searching on 'RAID' and 'RAID LOG' but not getting any results that explains how it is used.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Frank,

As I do not see a RAID side menu, I suspect it is a custom section someone within your organization has created (or might be working on) and added to your layout template.

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Frank,

As I do not see a RAID side menu, I suspect it is a custom section someone within your organization has created (or might be working on) and added to your layout template.

Regards,

Doug

Thanks Doug I will check with our application administrators. I will add when I did a general search on RAID someone answered a question about project meeting minutes and said they use the RAID Log. That is what led me to believe that it is part of the core product.

Level 10
Gotcha Frank, It’s possible I missed a memo; perhaps there is a built in RAID feature coming and you’ve somehow got a sneak peek... Regards, Doug

Level 7

RAID as an acronym is a general academic concept/tool in the PM world used by many orgs as a framework. (Risk, Action, Issue, Decision). To the best of my knowledge, not something natively built into Workfront by that term, but also something it wouldn't surprise me to see multiple organizations piecing together and calling the same thing.

Katherine

Level 4

Thanks Doug and Katherine, I have found out that this was a custom section developed by our system administrator. This was just added to all Projects in our system. Your replies were very helpful. I will continue to work with our administration to determine how they plan on using this custom section.

Level 3

@Frank Fornataro‚

Hi Frank - I'd be very interested to discuss with your system admin thanks to see their implementation if they are ok with it please? I've implemented one, but the one you describe sounds even better.

Kind Regards,

Justin Fleming

Justin.Fleming@trafigura.com

Level 4

Justin, i have not used this yet; I just saw it on the left navigation for my Projects and thought it was something new in workfront. I found out that our system administrator added this based on a request from another project team.I am adding @Shawn Flege‚ to this reply to see if he may have time to collaborate with you to share the background and what our system administrators developed.

Level 3

Thanks Frank!

@Shawn Flege‚, I'd be very interested to see what you guys do/have done thanks. And if you're interested - I'm happy to share what I have. Please email me at Justin.Fleming@trafigura.com if you'd like to share.

Cheers,

Justin