Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

I need to create a custom field in a project custom form which displays a sum total of a custom Expense field.

Level 2

I created a custom Expense form which is attached to each expense record within a project. The form has a field called "Capital Expense", which is used to enter a dollar amount. I have custom form attached to the Project Details. On that form I want to have a display-only field which sums up all of the Capital Expense entries in the Expense records under that project. Can I do this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Tony,

Unfortunately, the oft-cited phrase is "you can go down, but not up" with such data: there is no native way to aggregate in the fashion you're seeking.

As a proxy, you can create a Numeric Text Field at the Project Level, then periodically review an expense level report that sums and groups by project and (ewww) manually type in the numbers for each appropriate Project. Doing so will at least then allow you to do a proof of concept as to the value of keeping that information at that level (and the cost of your time to do so).

With that cost benefit in hand, you could then consider licensing either Fusion or our UberCalc solution to automatically push the desired data up to the Project level.

Regards,

Doug