Expand my Community achievements bar.

I have multiple users on a task. They mark their portion "Done with My Part" but the percent complete on the task stays at ZERO. Any idea why?

Level 3

I know that I saw something in the training or documentation about this at one time, but now I can't find it.

We are currently optimizing certain processes in our WF instance, so I ran a test with multiple users on tasks. But it's not updating the % complete on the tasks they way I thought it would.

Is there a certain setting that I should implement? Is it the Tracking Mode that triggers this action?

Any help is appreciated. I'm at a loss.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Mary,

The percent complete on working tasks (i.e. not parent tasks) can only be updated manually. It doesn't auto update proportionally based on individual assignee completion, except when all assignees mark the task as done in which case the percent complete will change to 100%.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 3

Well that stinks. But at least I can advise my team or opt for a different solution. Thanks!

Level 4

@Mary Fox‚ if you assign each user to their own task, the percentage complete will then work properly.

Level 3

Well that stinks. At least now, I can inform my team or opt for a different solution. Thanks!

Level 2

@Richard_Le_

How do we upvote this to the product team to be developed? With Workfront's capability to calculate fields it should be able to see how many people are assigned to a task 2 people, 1 marks done with my part - automatically change the % complete to 50%, 4 people, 1 done with may part = 25% complete.

Seems like this would be an intuitive update.