Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

I don't think this is possible but - Is there any way to update a specific string contained in the same field across multiple projects?

Level 4

For example - we have "Other Project Specific Text" Plw in the same two fields across multiple Projects and users are going in each row (in the Report results or Project list) and manually changing "Plw" to "Pillow". I know this system isn't like a spreadsheet, but does any functionality like that exist to make that easier?

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think this can be done without some sort of add-on, be it Fusion or @Doug Den Hoed‚ 's excel updater app.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Angie,

If I'm understanding what you're currently doing, if you already have a report that pulls the fields you want to change, I would use the bulk edit instead of making the change on each row individually.

If some of the projects contain other text in those fields you might consider using a report filter of "field name" contains "Plw" to get just those projects that contain that data in that field, then do the bulk edit.

Hi Heather -

Thank you for the response! We do have a few reports that can isolate the partial text, but we can't use the bulk edit as the full text in those fields is unique - we just need to change part of the field from Plw to Pillow. I know, super strange ask, but seeing if there's a way. Thank you!!!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think this can be done without some sort of add-on, be it Fusion or @Doug Den Hoed‚ 's excel updater app.

Level 10

Thanks for the tag, Skye.

Angie, as Skye mentioned, I invite you to consider our Excel Updater solution which would let you export the date in question, search and replace the values in Excel, then upload the edited data to have it then change accordingly within Workfront.

Regards,

Doug