Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

HTML isn't actually returning HTML

Level 4

Could someone check my text mode? Thanks in advance

displayname=Last Note

querysort=lastNote:entryDate

textmode=true

usewidths=true

valueexpression=IF(LEN({lastNote}.{noteText})>140, CONCAT(SUBSTR({lastNote}.{noteText},0,139),"...(open for more) -- ", {lastNote}.{owner}.{name}," on ", {lastNote}.{entryDate}), IF(LEN({lastNote}.{noteText})>0, CONCAT({lastNote}.{noteText}," -- ", {lastNote}.{owner}.{name}," on ", {lastNote}.{entryDate})))

valueformat=HTML

width=300

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

this is working for my instance. Can you share what your errors actually are? (also helpful is what kind of report you are putting this on. For example if you put it in a project report this will pull updates posted to the project but not any of the tasks or issues inside the project... so if you're expecting anything like that, this would be the wrong code to use.)

Level 4

Thanks, Skye. This for a project report. It's pulling in the last note, but the text is not clickable.

Level 7

@Lila Whitney‚

It looks like you want to create a link but you haven't indicated where the URL is for that link. Do you have a field that is generating the URL or what are you expecting the URL to point to?

Level 7

Try adding this text mode code and see if it renders

linkedname=html({lastNote}.{noteText})

link.url=({lastNote}.{noteText})

I don't know if it will work because I've only ever pointed mine to a custom field but give it a shot.

Good luck!

Community Advisor

This is what we use the create a link in a report to a note - we put the note and the link in separate columns:

displayname=Comment Link

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({taskID}),CONCAT("https://yourdomain.my.workfront.com/project/",{projectID},"/updates?commentID=",{ID}),CONCAT("https://yourdomain.my.workfront.com/task/",{taskID},"/updates?commentID=",{ID}))

valueformat=HTML