Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

How widespread is the Updates Thread Printing bug (Spooling 20k+ pages)?

Level 6

In our instance, users who want to print an Updates thread (either a hard copy to a printer or to a PDF file) are taken to the print dialog box, where the page preview hangs indefinitely because the printer appears to be spooling 20,000-30,000 pages for printing. Users are basically unable to print these threads.

While we already have a ticket open with Adobe Workfront support to investigate this issue, we are curious to know if this is a bug that exists outside our instance at other companies to get a sense of how widespread this is.

Is anyone else seeing this when trying to print an Updates thread? (you have to have at least one note in an Updates thread to reproduce this issue - in our instance anyway):

0694X00000FShJVQA1.png

We are not seeing this bug when we try to print anything other than an Updates thread with at least one note, however it's impacting our users pretty significantly who have to print to comply with certain regulations. This bug occurs in all our up-to-date Chrome browsers whether on Mac or PC.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

5 Replies

Level 3

Hi @Mylah de la Rosa‚ in my 9 years working in Workfront I've never once tried to print updates! Curious what your use case is. And was even more curious to see if I could duplicate your issue.

I can.

If I select one conversation, it only spools 1 page.

If I select 2 conversations, it spools over 34,000 pages.

Including screen grabs below.

0694X00000FSsPKQA1.jpg

0694X00000FSsPZQA1.jpg

Level 4

We have this same issue. Have you received any updates on this?

Level 3

Hi @Megan S‚ , I did not submit a ticket for this. We don't have any use cases for printing updates. I was just posting it to confirm for Mylah that I could duplicate it. @Mylah de la Rosa‚ did you submit a support ticket for it?

Level 4

oh, sorry! I meant to respond to @Mylah de la Rosa‚ post.

I did open a ticket.

Level 6

Hi, @Megan S‚ Thanks for tagging me (I would have missed it otherwise). Yes, Workfront responded that it is a problem specific to Chrome browsers and confirmed that it will not reproduce in Safari and Firefox, so we've offered our users that workaround.

They will not be fixing it because Workfront is intended to be an all-electronic platform and so in-browser printing is not a supported area of their product.

@Cathy Glenn‚ we have a few research organizations that are required to maintain hard copies as part of theirr compliance policies. That was what behind the use case. Have a great day, all!