Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

How to update multiples timelines at once

Level 4
Hello! My team is desperately searching for a way to update multiple projects at once. This is our current setup: Business Portfolio: Intiative Program: Deliverable Project 1 Deliverable Project 2 Deliverable Project 3 Currently, our project managers have to make the same update to timeline dates multiple times over, and we would love to adopt a new process to be able to do this all at once. Even staffing across multiple projects at once would be a huge win. For example, if a new round needs to be added to each of the three projects, can we do that in bulk all at once? Does that functionality exist yet? Or if we need to staff an additional creative resource across all three projects all at once? What have you all found to achieve something like this? Thank you in advance! Lila Whitney Discover Financial Services Lila Whitney Discover Financial Services
1 Reply

Level 4
Hi Lila, If I understand correctly, I can think of two options for you ( & maybe you already do this but would like additional automation). If you have made your changes to 1 project and you're looking to complete the same actions, with the same dates, task, etc., you can "Check" the tasks you'd like, click the "More" button and then click, "Copy To", start typing the project name you wish the tasks to be copied to, click "Next Step" make any applicable changes if you wish, click "Next Step" again and you can choose a parent task. From here, you click "Finish & Copy Tasks" Once you have done this once and you review the "Next Steps" actions, you could also choose to just "Finish & Copy Tasks" without clicking through the steps. If you done this before, you already know that you can only "Copy To" 1 project at a time but if you haven't utilized this functionality and you're manually entering the tasks in for each project, this should indeed save you some time. The other option I can think of (which I have not done but think it could be a possibility) if your company uses MS Project, you can add multiple projects to one large project. With the MS Project functionality included, you should be able to import in your updates. Again, haven't tried this but it could be possible! Jordan Martinson LeaseTeam, Inc.