Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to untie the request status from its resolution project?

Level 3

Is there a way for us to break the relationship between the status of a request with the status of its resolution project?

We will want to be able to convert a request to be a project and then to be able to close the request and have its resolution project run separately. 

I know to do that I will have to break the link between the request and its resolution project where we will not have the resolution project record inside a request. Unfortunately, we do not want that. We want for the audit trail between the two objects to still be trackable. 

Does anyone know how can we achieve this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Regards, 

Arthur

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

there's usually not a way to remove the connection between the two statuses without removing the connection between the request and the project completely. The most you would be able to do is set up a number of custom statuses to equate to various project statuses. e.g. a Project Status of "Active" could equate to a Request Status of "Request Converted" for example.

Other than this -- it would be completely manual, but you could set up a calculated field on the project and the request to maintain the historical record to each other (e.g. a field that is a link to the converted project/request), and then once the project is created, you'd be able to go back and sever the connection.

I personally prefer to just filter converted requests out of all my reports.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

there's usually not a way to remove the connection between the two statuses without removing the connection between the request and the project completely. The most you would be able to do is set up a number of custom statuses to equate to various project statuses. e.g. a Project Status of "Active" could equate to a Request Status of "Request Converted" for example.

Other than this -- it would be completely manual, but you could set up a calculated field on the project and the request to maintain the historical record to each other (e.g. a field that is a link to the converted project/request), and then once the project is created, you'd be able to go back and sever the connection.

I personally prefer to just filter converted requests out of all my reports.