Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

How to see the Burndown chart in Agile?

Level 10

Hi

How to see the Burndown chart in Agile?

Mvh

Kundan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Kundan,

The burndown chart is visible in the teams area of Workfront when the team is set up as an Agile Scrum team and an iteration is in flight.

Burndown charts are designed to visually represent how your work is progressing through an iteration, it shows what work is left to do vs time left within current iteration (note that a burndown chart will not appear for kanban teams as iterations are not traditionally used kanban methodology). If you have teams who use scrum, you will need to set them up as a scrum team within workfront and once they have planned an iteration into the system and added their stories from the backlog, a burndown chart will appear for the current iteration.

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Kundan,

The burndown chart is visible in the teams area of Workfront when the team is set up as an Agile Scrum team and an iteration is in flight.

Burndown charts are designed to visually represent how your work is progressing through an iteration, it shows what work is left to do vs time left within current iteration (note that a burndown chart will not appear for kanban teams as iterations are not traditionally used kanban methodology). If you have teams who use scrum, you will need to set them up as a scrum team within workfront and once they have planned an iteration into the system and added their stories from the backlog, a burndown chart will appear for the current iteration.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 10

Thanks a lot @Richard Leek‚

Great inputs for me. Have a great day ahead!

Mvh.

Kundan.

Level 2

Also worth mentioning Kundan that the burndown chart are useful if your team is committing to an amount of work in an iteration. If teams are adding workload throughout the iteration then the value of these charts demises.

If you have further Agile questions I am happy to assist.

Damian

Level 10

Thank you @Damian Rushton‚

I really appreciate your help, and sure I will come back since have many questions for agile.

Do you have some ready to read and learn document / videos to get guidance in this regard?

Very interested to implement this in our organisation.

Have a nice day!

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 10

Thanks @Damian Rushton‚ for giving oppurtunity to discuss in future in the direction of Agile.

Mvh

Kundan.