Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to search for items within a project

Level 1
Is there a way to do a search for items in a particular project? For example, if I want to find a document inside one particular project, how do I do that?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 5
within a project, about the only way would be to sort by title then weed through all the docs. You could, however, create a DOCUMENT report, and set your filter (or have as a parameter you could fill in ) to the project you want and the document name you want.

Level 10

Click on the down arrow on the search bar and select documents - then type in the name of the document you are looking for - or as much of it as you can remember. I just tried this and it worked for me.0690z000007ZkK4AAK.png

Level 1
What if I want to search for a task and only look in a specific project, not all projects in Workfront?

Level 7
There are options of how to do this depending on your use case, but a simple method is to just go to that project and on the Task tab, show all tasks, and do a -F to do a find in the browser. Another method is like what's been stated - go to the "search" in upper right and go to advanced search and choose task and enter your filters and search (Project name = abc and task contains xyz).

Level 3
You could also build a task report, filter by project, and then add a keyword "contains" filter. It would be easy to quickly edit to different projects/keywords as needed. Sincerely, Tom Ford, CSPO Marketing Software Administrator Career Builder 200 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 1100, Chicago, IL 60601 D: 312-698-0594 M: 312-273-0393 Connect with me at: https://join.me/tomford82

Level 1
you can create a smart folder under the DOCUMENT tab option on the landing page. But make sure that all documents have a good name. If the meta data is good, searching through use of filters in the SMART folder will become easy Report development is another way, but the smart folder option works fairly well Rizwana Narvel Project Management Office National Technology Enterprises Company (NTEC)

Level 1
For tasks - create a task report and enter the filters required, project name being one of them Rizwana Narvel Project Management Office National Technology Enterprises Company (NTEC)

Level 10
Hi Harmony, A standard method which is pretty easy, is to click on the dropdown on the left of the search box, you'll see 'Advanced Search'. You can then just click on Tasks, then click 'Filter Your Results' then add a filter of 'Project Name'. This will do what you want. Otherwise, you can follow others' suggestions of creating a report. The only thing I would add is that you can set it up with prompts so that you can enter the task name and select the project each time you run it. This will mean you don't have to edit the report each time before running it. Regards, David

Level 1
Thank you, David. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!

Level 8
David, That's brilliant!!!! I didn't know you could do that!!! Thank you!