Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to report on a specific number of updates (Trend)

Level 3
We are trying to use the "going smoothly, etc..." field, or a custom field, as a Red-Yellow-Green status in a weekly report of all projects. There would be both a 1 page report for each project and an overall status of all projects with less detail. We have similar reports now (built before I was here) but the PM has to update the color status (via field on a custom form) for each project's current week, last week, two weeks ago every time they do the status report (weekly). This invites error, and also removes all history of this field for historical reporting. On at least the 1 page per project, we want the last three weeks of this field, but only the past week of some fields (Some text fields and such). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Wayne. There's a similar thread to this at https://community.workfront.com/p/fo/st/topic=39&post=5786#p5786, and in particular, I invite you to read my post on January 18, which has a screenshot showing th is type of trend attached to it. Regards, Doug

Level 3
Thanks Doug. I'll check it out.

Level 3
So it looks like I'll need a third party solution to make this possible, correct?

Level 10
We do offer a third party solution that makes weekly Status Reporting easier, Wayne (which we could discuss offline if you are interested -- doug.denhoed@atappstore.com), but you (or your Workfront SysAdmin or Consultant) could build most of it from scratch if you prefer (using the blog post I cited in the other thread). Regards, Doug

Level 3
Thanks again Doug. We are going to (hopefully soon) pull this output to Tableau, so I'm probably not going to pursue the trending. I hoped that I was just missing something simple :)