Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to Remove Gridlines from Projects

Level 2
Hello! With the 2019.4 release, I noticed gridlines are appearing on my project plans. Is there a way to remove these from view? Thanks! Angie Kweder ANSYS-Marketing
24 Replies

Level 4
We noticed the same thing on our projects this morning. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the latest update. Mike Haleas

Level 4
Hello, Angie, The gridlines were added to Projects, Tasks and Hours lists as part of the styling update. I'd like to learn more about why you want to get rid of the lines. Does it create any difficulties for you while utilizing the mentioned lists? Thanks! Lilit Lilit Mkrtchyan Workfront

Level 3
Our company respects white space as part of our branding so the additional vertical lines are seen as unnecessary visual noise. Jennifer St. George

Level 3
Our team does not like the gridlines either. It seems to make the page longer so there's more scrolling involved on longer projects. Also, we've lost approval status data on a column that Support created for us as well and I did enter a ticket to get that fixed. Mark Hahn

Level 10
I personally am OK with the gridlines, but I don't like the extra white space that has been added. It does make fewer lines fit on the one page, meaning more scrolling for users.....when they're dealing with large project plans this adds extra work and delay. David Cornwell

Level 2
Hi Lilit, My colleagues and I also don't like the gridlines, as it makes the screen look more busy and we didn't feel like before it was difficult to keep overview of the information within one line. So we would also like to remove these lines and go back to the nice and clean overview we had. Is there an option to choose the line colour or something, so people who want lines can choose a line colour and people who don't want it, choose white lines and therefore they disappear? Regards, Laura Laura Rackwitz

Level 4
Hey, all, Thanks for the feedback on this. At the moment we don't have a way to remove or change the color of gridlines, but I will take your feedback to our UX team for consideration. Thank you again! Lilit Lilit Mkrtchyan Workfront

Level 1
As someone with dyslexia, pure white backgrounds make it very difficult to read text without some sort of border so I definitely appreciate the addition of the gridlines. I can understand the desire to disable this function but I would recommend making it optional (per user) since the gridlines really do help with accessibility. Alli Pearson

Level 2
I love the gridlines. It makes it much easier to find everything quickly and looking across at multiple columns is easier now as well.

Level 2
We don't mind the horizontal lines... the vertical lines are our issue. Like others have said, more noise and more scrolling for the projects with many tasks. It would be nice if there was a view option that each user could decide for themselves. If not that, then at least a setting that can turn lines off (whether all or just 1 or the other). Giselle Quintero Cinch Home Services

Level 10
I like the gridlines. I was training a new person last week before we had them and she kept clicking in the wrong spot on the right side of the screen because she had trouble tracking from left to right. The gridlines solve that problem.

Level 10
Mixed bag here: I could see removing the vertical gridlines only. I like them, but it would reduce the clutter. Or in the same vein, I could see removing just the horizontal gridlines, same idea. I agree there is too much padding in each "cell"; could be a couple of pixels tighter and get no complaints from me. Being able to change the color of the grid lines would be a plus. I mean, in an ideal world I'd like the ability to determine, color, and padding myself. For example, keep the grid but allow me to make the grey even lighter (or use our corporate light blue) and make the grid really tight (more like ruled paper) so we don't sacrifice the ability to get alot of data on the screen. Probably a pie-in-the-sky wish, but I can wish it anyway. ;-) Kevin Quosig

Level 5
Hi Lilit, I just want to say our team likes the grid lines but everyone agrees there is too much padding. Grid lines should allow items to be more tightly packed but instead it seems they added space instead of saving it. Aileen Aileen Taylor Cell Signaling Technology

Level 8
Hi Alli, I don't know if dark modes help with dyslexia but I submitted an Idea for a dark mode feature. If you think it will be helpful you, feel free to upvote the idea. https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z0000004VwsAAE/detail Mohini Sinha, CSM Project Coordinator Excelsior College

Level 4
Ideally, it would be bets if we are able to toggle the feature on/off as some do find it useful. Our team members do not find it useful and would live the option to remove them form view. Mike Haleas

Level 2
Our team appreciates the grid lines, and we agree that a bit too much padding has been added. Keegan O'Connor Green River College

Level 1
So just to be clear, are you saying that we CANNOT do anything about these new gridlines? Many people in my office have been complaining to me about them and want them removed. Is there anything I can do? Oli Ononye Method Products

Level 4
Hello, everyone, Thanks for the continued feedback on this topic. Currently it is not possible to remove or customize the colors of the gridlines, but our UX team is aware of and is reviewing the feedback about the style changes on lists. All your thoughts are appreciated and very helpful for us. Lilit Mkrtchyan Workfront

Level 1
I agree, my team thinks the pages are more readable now, and while I like the extra padding, it could be reduced slightly. Tay Olson

Level 2
We have the same issues in my office. Some people like and other not. Will be nice if we can have the options to select how we want our personal view looks like. Be able to select colors, highlights, fonts, grids... Sarah Maldonado Furman University Marketing Ops