Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to hardcode a Hyperlink to show in a report?

Level 2

Is there a way to add a hyperlink inside a Report?

I want to add a quick reference link inside a cell of a report, to make it easier for the user to see all the information all in one place, but have a quick link reference of our process incase they need assistance.  Thank you.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

There's a couple of approaches you could take to this. . . .

If you just want to hardcode the same URL into your report so that it appears the same in each cell in a column, the following text mode would do it (obviously replace the URL with your own):

displayname=Help URL
textmode=true
valueexpression=CONCAT("https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com")
valueformat=HTML

If, however, the URL differs for each line in your report, or you wanted the URL to appear as shortened text, you might want to consider using the native URL field in the system (present on issues, tasks and projects). Using the following text mode, Workfront will display "Click Here For More Guidance" in your report and when it is clicked on the user will be taken to whichever URL has been entered on the issue/task/project. If no URL has been entered into the native URL field, it will display nothing.

valueexpression=IF(!ISBLANK(URL),CONCAT("Click Here For More Guidance"),"")
linkedname=html(URL)
valueformat=HTML
displayname=Help Link
link.url=URL
textmode=true

The second approach wouldn't work on objects that don't have the native URL field however (i.e., anything not a task, issue or project). In this scenario you would need to attach a custom field to the object and place the URL inside of that.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Rich. 

Level 2

Thank you Richard. Very helpful. I am almost there.

I want to use the same URL hyperlink, but instead of showing the URL as a link, I want to show "Click Here For Guidance".

Using the example script you posted above, I am able to show the correct text "Click Here For More Guidance", but it is not hyperlinked. Here is the code I used, which probably needs an adjustment:

valueexpression=IF(!ISBLANK("https://google.com"),CONCAT("Click Here For More Guidance"),"")
linkedname=html("https://google.com")
valueformat=HTML
displayname=Help Link
link.url=URL
textmode=true

Thank you

Community Advisor

Hi,

In order for the URL to be displayed as "Click Here" text, the URL has to be hosted in a field for the text mode to reference. 

You need to place the URL in a custom field, or in the native URL field on a task/issue/project object and then reference the URL in the text mode.

In the following textmode we are referencing the native URL field. 

valueexpression=IF(!ISBLANK(URL),CONCAT("Click Here For More Guidance"),"")
linkedname=html(URL)
valueformat=HTML
displayname=Help Link
link.url=URL
textmode=true

Or you could use the following text mode to reference a URL hosted in a custom field called "Custom URL"

displayname=Custom URL Field
link.url=customDataLabelsAsString(Custom URL)
linkedname=html(URL)
textmode=true
valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:Custom URL}),"","Click Here For More Guidance")
valueformat=HTML

Placing the URL and the "Click Here" text in the text mode will not work.

Best Regards,

Rich.