Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to get a list of reports that use a custom field

Level 1

I need to search reports and get a list of reports that display a specific field as one of its columns. is this possible? Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 7

Can you get to that information? Yes, mostly. Is it pretty? Not so much.

Start with a base report type of 'Report'. Add an additional column with the text mode below. Similar columns can be displayed for Group and Filter if needed as well.

What you get as a result will be ugly blocks of text, but they're searchable at least. If there's a way to make it easier to read or filter for only the field names, I've never tried figuring it out but maybe someone else will chime in to help that's better at text mode than I am.

displayname=

linkedname=direct

namekey=viewID

querysort=viewID

textmode=true

valuefield=view:definition

valueformat=HTML

Level 10

Hi Lou,

Katherine's spot on (gory details and all), but if would like a pretty option, I invite you to consider our Report all Report Details solution which assembles the relevant information into an Excel file that you can then easily filter to conduct impact analysis.

Regards,

Doug