Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to display Last Note/Status Update added by an users in a report

Level 1
Hello, I am new to the community and did research without success to answer the question below: I can't figure out how to display the last task status update in a report regardless who made the updates. Currently, only status updates added by the task owner display: I want to display the last update for each remaining taks, whether the text updates made by the tasks owner or any other team member. I am able to display on the Project level (Customized view) but can't in a report (to display in a dashboard). Any advice? Thanks in advance! Isabel
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

This should work in either a task, issue or project report. Latest Update Purpose: Show the latest update, who provided it and when. Only shows the first 139 chars and a "more" if there is more to be read.

displayname=Latest Update

namekey=latest update

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF(LEN({lastNote}.{noteText})>140, CONCAT(SUBSTR({lastNote}.{noteText},0,139),"...(open for more) -- ", {lastNote}.{owner}.{name}," on ", {lastNote}.{entryDate}), IF(LEN({lastNote}.{noteText})>0, CONCAT({lastNote}.{noteText}," -- ", {lastNote}.{owner}.{name}," on ", {lastNote}.{entryDate})))

valueformat=HTML

Level 2

Hi, @NRYN R - inactive‚ is there a way to display an update that contains specific text??

I'm wanting to see the latest text on a project that contains "Weekly Notes".

Level 3
Hi, Can you please suggest where to type the code in Text mode please? Ashutosh Gupta AVEVA

Level 10
Sure! Here's a clip showing how this was added to an issue report: https://www.screencast.com/t/cdCNzaCyR