Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

How To Display All Users Assigned on a Project, by Role (Task Report)

Level 2

Hello,

I am attempting to create a Task report that includes a column which displays all the assigned users on the parent Project, but filtering the assigned users by role. Is this possible?

The ultimate goal is to see a list of Projects that all have a certain Task completed. This report of Projects needs to include a column of all assigned users on the project but filtered by role. If anyone believes there is a better way to go about building this besides a Task report please let me know.

Thank you!

-Eric

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The closest thing Workfront provides to "assigned users" is "the people in your People tab" -- this is pretty close but obviously relies on you to keep a bit of governance on this. To educate yourself on this, try searching on listmethod projectusers in the community, as many people ask variations on this question. The closest one to your question looks like Richard's answer here:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/pulling-a-specific-job-role-via... 

If you ONLY want to show projects with a task that is complete, this is actually a filter (most users use an exists statement but even a collections filter might work here). You can search on words like exists and look for posts where the poster is talking about project reports. While this post isn't exactly about your question, it's something you can leverage: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/create-project-report-filter-to... 

In it, lgaertner mentions this code -- here's how it applies

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=TASK
EXISTS:a:projectID=FIELD:ID

EXISTS:a:status=INP
EXISTS:a:DE:<customFieldName>=abc123

First two lines are good to go as-is. They say "we are looking through tasks where the task ProjectID is the same as your project ID in your project report".

Next two lines have to change. Instead of Status = INP, you would insert whatever status key represents "complete" for your instance. Workfront comes with a default task complete key of "CPL" -- if you created custom statuses you would have more, and these would all be listed separated by tabs.

That final line filters for tasks where a particular custom field is a certain value. Instead of this line, you would be looking for more of a task name filter. Maybe something that looked like this:

EXISTS:a:name=name of my task

EXISTS:a:name_Mod=cicontains

(look for tasks with a particular name, and not case-sensitive)

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

it's not impossible. I THINK you could stay with a task report and create a column for the project's projectusers (a collection).

You could also flip this and go with a project report that looks at the task collection for your one completed task (this might be a bit easier especially if your task is identifiable -- has a unique name, a milestone ID, something...)

any thoughts?

Level 2

The task that needs to be completed (for the project to pull) has a standardized name across all the applicable Templates, so we can key on that! The two necessary things in the report that we need displayed are

• Projects with a specific task marked complete
    • task is a standardized name
  • A column that displays a Project's assigned users, but only who fall into a certain role(s)

However you feel would be best to achieve this is what I am looking for

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The closest thing Workfront provides to "assigned users" is "the people in your People tab" -- this is pretty close but obviously relies on you to keep a bit of governance on this. To educate yourself on this, try searching on listmethod projectusers in the community, as many people ask variations on this question. The closest one to your question looks like Richard's answer here:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/pulling-a-specific-job-role-via... 

If you ONLY want to show projects with a task that is complete, this is actually a filter (most users use an exists statement but even a collections filter might work here). You can search on words like exists and look for posts where the poster is talking about project reports. While this post isn't exactly about your question, it's something you can leverage: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/create-project-report-filter-to... 

In it, lgaertner mentions this code -- here's how it applies

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=TASK
EXISTS:a:projectID=FIELD:ID

EXISTS:a:status=INP
EXISTS:a:DE:<customFieldName>=abc123

First two lines are good to go as-is. They say "we are looking through tasks where the task ProjectID is the same as your project ID in your project report".

Next two lines have to change. Instead of Status = INP, you would insert whatever status key represents "complete" for your instance. Workfront comes with a default task complete key of "CPL" -- if you created custom statuses you would have more, and these would all be listed separated by tabs.

That final line filters for tasks where a particular custom field is a certain value. Instead of this line, you would be looking for more of a task name filter. Maybe something that looked like this:

EXISTS:a:name=name of my task

EXISTS:a:name_Mod=cicontains

(look for tasks with a particular name, and not case-sensitive)

Level 2

Here is the code I am using but it doesn't seem to be working

Anything look off here?

DE:Blast/Go-Live/Deploy Date=$$TODAYby
DE:Blast/Go-Live/Deploy Date_Mod=between
DE:Blast/Go-Live/Deploy Date_Range=$$TODAYey
DE:Is This Expedited?=Yes
DE:Is This Expedited?_Mod=in
EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=TASK
EXISTS:1:name=Creative Pool Manager to assign resources; Notify Project Owner
EXISTS:1:name_Mod=cicontains
EXISTS:1:projectID=FIELD:ID
EXISTS:1:status=CLP
status=CPL
status_Mod=notin

Community Advisor

can you confirm your task status really is CLP?

Level 2

CLP wont get me anywhere when CPL is what I need

Thank you!