Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to create a field where my cursor is - Custom Form

Level 10
How to create a field where my cursor is - Custom Form. When I create a field, it is placed at the bottom of the form and then I have to drag it where I want it to be. Can I just create the field where my cursor position is? How can I do this?
7 Replies

Level 10
Agree - this would be a really great usability feature. Drives me crazy, especially on long forms - to have to drag the form up and drop in the correct section!

Level 10
Hi Benetta, Instead of clicking on the field type (i.e. Single Line of Text), drag it from the left to where you want on the right. That way it goes to the place you want instead of all the way to the bottom. This is great when I need to add a field at the top of a long form. :)

Level 10
I almost got excited there. A have boxes (shared rows) and I can not enter ANYTHING in between those boxes. This does work otherwise - so I am 75% happy. This does solve part of my problem. Thank you.

Level 10
Hi Benetta. Another tip...you can also zoom your browser out to reduce the scrolling and/or speed up dragging. Before Update Category, I (shudder) remember working with my browser at 10% to move fields into the ballpark, and would then zoom in and tidy up any edges. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Anthony! How come you never showed me this tip!? ;)

Level 10
I like that. This helps me also. Thank you.