Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to copy file using fusion?

Community Advisor

Hi everyone,

I would like to create a copy of a file in Workfront using Fusion, any tips how to approach this?

There is no "copy" action in Misc module, so my plan would be to:

1. download the file

2. upload the file as many times as needed

I don't think this is most optimal, but I'm not sure if there is any better approach. Looking forward to hear your thoughts.

Best

R

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The two approaches I use in situations like this are:

1. Check the API Explorer, specifying Unsupported version, and review the actions tab for the object type of interest. Sometimes, you will find a relevant endpoint that can be used in a Custom API Call module. 

2. If Step 1 fails, perform the action in browser and use the browser dev tools/network pane to inspect which endpoint Workfront uses when performing the action in the UI. (These endpoints sometimes only work in a HTTP module.)

I see no relevant endpoint published in the Unsupported API version, and "Copy" isn't an action that can be done in the UI, so I believe your described approach is the only option for your scenario.

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The two approaches I use in situations like this are:

1. Check the API Explorer, specifying Unsupported version, and review the actions tab for the object type of interest. Sometimes, you will find a relevant endpoint that can be used in a Custom API Call module. 

2. If Step 1 fails, perform the action in browser and use the browser dev tools/network pane to inspect which endpoint Workfront uses when performing the action in the UI. (These endpoints sometimes only work in a HTTP module.)

I see no relevant endpoint published in the Unsupported API version, and "Copy" isn't an action that can be done in the UI, so I believe your described approach is the only option for your scenario.

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Community Advisor

thanks @William-- for confirming my thoughts. 
I did check API explorer, but haven't thought of using unsupported version, that was very good suggestion, I will keep that in mind for future.