Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

How to capture/show queue topic name of issue in task report, which issue was converted to task?

Level 2

I've encountered a problem, I've made some requests/issues by different queue topics, and then converted these issues to tasks in different project (where tasks live on). when I created a task report with filter these tasks, but I couldn't figure out a column of queue topic name, which the issues was created from. Is there a way to capture/show queue topic name of issue in this task report? Many thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi, it looks like you can do this using text mode.

displayname=Queue Topic Name
linkedname=convertedOpTask
textmode=true
valuefield=convertedOpTask:queueTopic:name
valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi, it looks like you can do this using text mode.

displayname=Queue Topic Name
linkedname=convertedOpTask
textmode=true
valuefield=convertedOpTask:queueTopic:name
valueformat=HTML

Level 2

Thank you very much, skyehansen! it works! Because I am a new learner, and I've tried a lot of method to do, but failed. so really appreciate your help! 

Community Advisor

I hear you, Jerry - it is a steep learning curve for sure. I really recommend that you familiarize yourself with the layout for the API explorer because your understanding of how to use this is critical to the type of problem you have above. (the other critical thing you need to know, is what Workfront calls certain things)

Review this help article:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/adobe-workfront-api/api-general-information/...

For your specific example, navigate to the API explorer and search on TASK.

• Switch your API version dropdown to say "API Unsupported"
  • Click to open the Task object and take a look at the FIELDS. (these fields are basically everything that you can display on a task report)
  • Notice that you have a Converted OpTask ID field. ("Converted optask" is what workfront calls the original request)
    • If you only wanted to display the original request's ID, you would have used this syntax to do so... but you want more, so keep reading
  • Click on the References tab and notice you have a Converted Issue line. Note the italicized work on the right of it, "convertedOpTask"
  • Click on Converted Issue to open this line, and click on the blue URL line.
  • You are now on the Issue object. 

The understanding here should be that you can display issue fields on your task report, by prepending your issue field names with "convertedOpTask" and a colon, which is what I did. I'll leave it as an exercise to you to discover how to do the same with the Queue Topic name.