Expand my Community achievements bar.

How might a Commit Date have been entered on a Task if not by the Task Assignee?

Level 2

I have a user (project manager) who found that her Projected Completion Date of a project was way beyond the Planned Completion Date, and I can see that there are quite a few Tasks with Commit Dates beyond the Planned Completion Dates for those tasks, so that tells me this is what's driving it. However the project manager swears she did not enter the Commit Dates. As she's the assignee for all of those tasks, is there some other way they could have been populated?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

If the PM is the assignee that is having the Commit Date issue, go to their profile and uncheck "Send work I assign to myself to my Working On tab". When checked, this is auto-clicking "Work On It" for any task the PM is assigned and that is how you are getting the commit date.

Since we are now in Workfront Home where requests and work items are on the same list, this isn't really needed anymore. I'd just bulk edit all people with plan licenses and uncheck it :)

Level 2

Thank you!! I had never thought through how that might impact Commit Dates. Appreciate the response!