Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How are other in house agencies logging miscellaneous time not tied to a project or a project task?

Level 2

We have the need to log miscellaneous time at a task level since our reporting is based on hours per task and our creatives have to track time. We currently have a generic project opened with individual tasks for each creative to log time that is ongoing for the year, but that interferes with the Workload Balancer scheduling.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 6

Hi @Janet Stephens‚ we have a custom hour type for our creative team - Project Prep/Research/Collaboration - that is used for bucketing non-specific work like this. It may be use to cover a meeting about copy direction, for example, and logged against a copy development task. Hope this helps.

Level 2

Thank you Catherine, that is the miscellaneous time we need to capture. Do you track reporting for hours at the task level? We are reporting at the task level and not project level. Just wondering how your reporting works to account for the time logged under hour types. I hope I am making sense.