Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Home Tasks, Team Requests, or somethign similar in Reporting via Dashboards

Level 1
I am trying to determine if it is possible to display something similar to Home and or Team Requests on a Dashboard. I would like to create a complete work flow from left to right within reporting, several dashboards, where the user can go all the way from selecting Work on It to selecting Done. I know that there is an option for creating reports that would mimic Home and Team Requests but I am not for sure if it is possible to integrate the buttons, for Work on It, Done, Assign, and others. As an alternative, is it possible to automatically redirect to the Reporting screen/tab when Work on It is selected and or do something similar with other buttons? I am open to all suggestions. Thank you. Kelly Willis IMS
4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Kelly, I invite you to read our "http://store.atappstore.com/switchback-workflow/">Switchback Workflow blog entry which might give you some ideas. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 10
Hi - Yeah, if you want the buttons, then Home is the best. I'm really hoping we can talk them into putting Team Requests IN Home and not just a link. I have a few groups that do have a dashboard that gets the info on one page, but it is just reports. So they do have to click into the tasks, issue, team request, etc. and click the Done or Work on It buttons. (Although a few teams have had me add the status field to the report so they can change the status with in-line edit and also the assignment field so they can in-line edit that field with their name to "pick it up".) Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 1
Thanks Doug. I will definitely check out the blog. Kelly Willis IMS

Level 1
Anthony, Thank you for the info. I have tried the status field as well and while it is passable, it really doesn't get me where I would like to ideally go. As far as Home, it is great to see the assigned tasks and even link to the Team Requests but I am trying to insure that there aren't ambiguous steps for Work access level users where the expectation of the user might be different from the functionality. There is obviously more than one way to achieve the same result or get to the same spot and I am trying to keep the most simple one front and center for the user. Kelly Willis IMS