Expand my Community achievements bar.

Hiding/Reducing the Sandbox Preview Blue Bar

Level 9

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on how to do this? As we build things out in sandbox, it makes it hard when you have embedded areas of WF that are reduced more because of the extra space being taken up. I'm working in custom forms and the bar, header bar, and title of the custom forms area + the column headers are taking up 60% of the screen.

I really, really, REALLY miss being able to just paste from the clipboard for visuals in the community. :(

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

12 Replies

Level 10

Hi Christina,

You”re bumping up against the As Designed user interface ‚Äî classic, in this case, but same holds for NEE - but here are a few ideas to gain more vertical space:

• Zoom out
  • Physically eorient (one of) your monitor(s) in portrait
  • Consider using the Stylebot plugin to reduce/remove unwanted visual components and whitespace
  • Build a report that you can pop open in standalone mode (which sometimes saves space, BUT might lack certain other built in functionality such as the +Add Task/Issue links at the bottom os the built in lists)

Regards,

Doug

P.S. @Brad Littler‚ this is my first post in One via my iPhone since you release the mobility improvements, and yes, I agree (thanks again), it is indeed 95% useable. Among the 5% that remains is attaching a photo, which I can work around by zooming out to max first, since otherwise, when zoomed in to read my text, iPhone navigation to find (or even pan and understand) the find file dialog is too large to understand (particularly the white text on white button invisibleMan css theme), and is not ZoomOutable. Also, when tagging someone at tge bottom of a long paragraph, the tag popup of names drops under the text toolbar (bold, italic, etc) and behind the iPhone keyboard...scrollabley to go find it, fortunately...assuming you remember that you will find it there, should you do so.

P.P.S. @Kyna Baker - inactive‚ with mobility now in a Happy Place, my top three feedback items for One right now are:

1. despite turning on real time alerts, I see only (some) new posts, but no reply posts from others (a Must Have for me to resume engaging) or from me, even if I tag myself (a Must Have for me to continue engaging),
  2. As with Christina, being able to copy/paste a screenshot in context on the fly is a Very Important parity feature (as it was available in Classic Community), and
  3. Speaking of such inline screenshots....where did they go, in conversion, and are they coming back, since without them, many Classic Community posts of the “see image pasted below” nature will be frustratingly missing that critical context

Also, may I suggest you set up a special group/topic(s) within One that ranks the top feedback items and shows their progress so community members know what to watch out for (by following what’s been logged) and that gives you and Brad (et al) the means to post Answers as items such as mobility are addressed....doubling down on the value of my Number One email alert item above?

Level 10

Ehm...@Kyna Baker - inactive‚ how can I edit my above post to correct my NEE to NWE typo? My only option appears to be Delete or Cancel...Not Coool...

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

@Kyna Baker - inactive‚ I just noticed the messages “bell” icon at the top, and have 6 unread, but they seem to be missing certain posts, and ‚Äî although I will attempt to periodically use them if and when I log in to One opportunistically, they are a poor, passive substitute for compared to the proactive and engaging realtime email alert that remains my #1One request at this time.

Regards,

Doug

Employee

Hi Doug and Christina! Thank you for your continued feedback and for continuing to engage in our new home here on Workfront One. I can't answer the question about the blue bar in preview/sandbox, but I can try to answer questions about Workfront One.

1) Real-Time Alerts - The way to get real-time alerts on the replies to a post in Workfront One is to simply “like” the post. When you see a post come in that you want to see all of the replies to in your email, visit the community and click “like” on that post and you’ll receive email notifications on all future replies. (Note, if you only like a reply to an original post you will not get the emails for any replies after that one.) I know this is different from the old Community, but is designed to encourage interaction in the community and help people find the posts that they are most interested in interacting with.

2) Copy and Pasting Images - Unfortunately copying and pasting a screenshot is not an out-of-the-box feature we can add easily. I know this is frustrating, and has been captured as feedback. We will continue to explore the options as we continue development on Workfront One as we will continue to have releases often to add additional functionality.

3) Historical images - We worked to bring over the majority of images, including screenshots. If you have specific threads that are missing screenshots or images, please send the link to the threads to me directly (via direct message) and I'll work on seeing what happened.

4) Editing Posts - You can edit your posts now.

5) Notifications within the site - This will show new posts that are added to groups you belong to, direct messages you receive and probably more. If you notice some that are grouped (for example, I have one that says the post name, and then 9 others shared a post) it’s because individual notifications could be overwhelming if many happen in a short time span.

6) Top Feedback - As for a special way to see the top feedback on Workfront One, I'll work on a way for you all to give us feedback and share the trending issues so we know what has been addressed, is being worked on, and what we won't be able to figure out. For the time being, please send me feedback via direct message. Then, please know that I capture the feedback and we are using our own instance of Workfront (the platform) to mange, prioritize, and develop new functionality in response to your feedback.

Thanks again for your candid feedback and continuing to engage on our community. Keep it coming, and thanks for understanding as some of the changes are rolled out in phases vs. all all at once.

Level 10

Thanks Kyna,

I appreciate where you're coming from with the Real-Time Alerts: but am not sold on it.

In Classic Community, for those of us most active users who dared to amp up their notifications to real time, the pace of (automatic) emails as people responded to posts was both a visceral indicator of the pace and health ("fast and awesome!") of what was going on, all conveniently delivered in real time to my inbox, including the often occurring situation where by the time I see (in my inbox) an Issue I can help with, I can also see (above, in my inbox) that another kind soul has already responded. That saved me time, encouraged me that "others have it covered", increased the velocity of response times, and in general, gave me the overall impression that Classic Community was alive and well.

In One, by contrast, even with "maximum real time notification" turned on, only brand new posts come in via email as they are made, and to "tune in" -- or even find out if someone else has already answered -- I have to log in to Community and "Like" the thread. That costs me time, forces me to check (which I know is your goal, but is not mine), will reduce the velocity response times, and in general (with the reduced emails), is already giving me the overall impression that One is a ghost town.

Case in point: unless other leaders among Classic Community happened to have tagged this post, or stumble across it in their (collapsed) updates at the top of the One header...they won't even know we're having this discussion, let alone weigh in with their thoughts (until I personally go email them and ask them to do so).

That is an unfortunate step backwards, in my opinion.

Recognizing that these are different philosophical approaches, and trusting that Much Thought was put into turning on One with the settings as they are, I accept that there is little chance of those settings being overturned back to the preferences I would recommend from Classic Community. And I will try them. But knowing me -- and I've spent a lot of time with me -- I suggest you accept that there is little chance that One will return to the same perceived level of activity as Classic Community enjoyed.

Thank you for the opportunity to voice my concerns, and -- despite disagreeing -- always confirming that we have the same objective: making One the best it can be.

Regards,

Doug

@Doug Den Hoed‚ ... but not expecting an email :-(

Level 10

I have to agree with Doug here. It appears Workfront's game plan is to add more clicks to every aspect of their product. I'm not a fan of that. In this case I assume the goal is to lessen the emails (and subsequent responses) we get that we may not care about or be able to help with. I do appreciate that effort.

However, if you make me click into the community page to Like something so I receive more emails on it, I will never do that. Thus, I would effectively end up dropping out of the community.

I currently get a lot of emails in the community which can be overwhelming, but I'm able to manage my own time and decide when to respond. But I will not leave my email to Like something.

Is it possible to have a middle ground solution to just hit the Like button on the email and have it pass through behind the scenes (without us having to log in etc.)? I assume that presents security challenges etc. But thought I'd throw that out there.

Employee

Hi Vic and Doug,

Thank you again for sharing your feedback on Workfront One and its new functionality. We have moved this into the Workfront project where we are tracking feedback for consideration for future releases in our roadmap.

Thanks,

Kyna

Level 10
Thanks Kyna, I now realize our thread is under the post about Hiding/Reducing the Sandbox Preview Blue Bar. Is there perhaps a way to move it to a more pertinent topic line? I sense this topic will get less traffic than one talking about how we see posts. Vic Alejandro, MPM, PMP, CSM | IT Program Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-6703) | c: (303-319-6473) http://www.denverwater.org<> INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Employee

Hi Vic! You're right, I'd love to leave this as a thread about Hiding/Reducing the Sandbox Preview Blue Bar. I am not going to move this thread (as moving replies to an original thread is not something I can do. But, I will reach out to you and Doug and have this conversation separately so we do not need to continue this conversation on this thread! I appreciate you reaching out.

Level 10
OK Thanks. One other thing to note that I noticed. So as I mentioned I get a lot of posts in email. The way I manage those is to sort my Inbox by Subject so I can group all the replies to that thread together. It looks like the new way adds a prefix to the subject line to include who’s replying. This would effectively remove that tool from my toolbox. It is useful to know who replied (i.e. if I see Doug replied, I know it’s resolved and I don’t need to reply üòä), but having the responder show as the From line was working well for me. Just wanted to give more feedback. Vic Alejandro, MPM, PMP, CSM | IT Program Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-6703) | c: (303-319-6473) http://www.denverwater.org<> INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 9

@Kyna Baker - inactive‚ adding my two cents here - I used to get a digest of what the 'latest and greatest' posts were for specific forums. Now it's completely gone. My notifications are on but I'm getting nada. This is unfortunate since I've learned so many things on the fly just by seeing other peoples questions.

Employee

Hi Christina,

Thank you again for sharing your feedback on Workfront One and its new functionality. We have moved this into the Workfront project where we are tracking feedback for consideration for future releases in our roadmap.

Thanks,

Kyna