Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Help with calculated fields

Level 6

I hope this one is easy. I am looking to add two custom fields, and then multiple that sum by another custom field.

Overall:

(field 1+field 2)*field 3

Thoughts?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 8

What you have works:

(Field1+Field2)*Field3

Make sure all 4 fields are Number format

Save the first 3 fields before creating the calculation.

0690z000009DAPiAAO.png

0690z000009DAVAAA4.png

Level 6

Uh, still having trouble, and I confirmed all of these details. Are there any tricks I could be forgetting to make it work? Spacing between things, or other little things?

Level 3

If you are comparing a custom field, use DE:Actual Name of the Field for the name field you are comparing with the first field.

Note:

If you manually enter the name of a custom field by the same name as a Workfront native field, you must precede it in the calculation by "DE:" and surround it by curly brackets so that Workfront knows that you are referencing the custom field.

https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=workfront-classic&topicId=Content%2FAdministratio...

Level 8

Can you provide a screenshot of what you have or actual names of the fields? If you have special characters in your field names, that might make a difference.

Level 10

The two functions you will use is PROD and SUM

(PROD(SUM(DE:field1, DE:field2)DE:field3))