Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help with a Project Report that Groups by Portfolio

Level 3
The way we are set up in Workfront is that our clients are portfolios, so portfolios often have multiple projects. I need to pull a list of portfolios with active projects of one group in our company. When I set this up in a project report and group by portfolio, it then sums the number of projects within each portfolio for an overall total. I don't need the sum of all projects, I need just the sum of portfolios. I can't simply pull a portfolio report because we often have portfolios that are active with another group, but inactive with the group i'm wanting this report for. Basically, I'm trying to get a list of active portfolios with active projects of a certain group, summarized by the number of portfolios. I haven't tried any advanced reporting here, but I'm willing to try if I can drill this down! Any ideas welcome. Thank you! Allison Sizemore Advantage | ForbesBooks
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Allison, I believe you are in need of a Portfolio report here. Please see my ""https://workfrontpro.com/how-to/how-to-add-exists-and-notexists-to-a-filter/">How to Add the EXISTS Mod to a Filter " report to create this. In step 1, I believe the script is as follows: In a portfolio report, show portfolios With Active Projects And Project Group ID Equals ID Now translating this to code is where we would need someone well versed in using EXISTS. I tried the following and it threw an error, making me wonder if this is possible to report on. EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=PROJECT EXISTS:a:ID=5c3d195100a75c3d195100a75c3d195100a7 Narayan Raum "https://suntrustedo.my.workfront.com/dashboard/view?ID=5c1bf1f90046e70adeecf882731a47b9"> Workfront Center of Excellence Delivery Lead Enterprise Data & Governance Execution (EDGE) SunTrust Bank

Level 3
Thank you for your response and help Narayan. I tried as well and this does send back an error, but I still learned something new! Allison Sizemore Advantage | ForbesBooks