Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Help deciphering predecessor hover popup

Level 8

I've searched the Experience League documentation to no avail, so it's either buried or not there: Can someone translate the parts of a predecessor hover-over popup? I'm trying to figure out if there's a bug I need to report because I can't figure out how this predecessor popup is pulling some of these PLN END dates. Check out screenshot GTM News task 2.png and compare those dates with the rest of the project.

• On a basic level, what's the difference between the first PLN dates (Jul 14 and Jul 27) and the second (Jul 24 and Feb 22)?
  • How do we get a PLN End of Feb 22 when all the project dates indicate activity in July and all the cross-project predecessors are complete?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

The first part of the information displays predecessor project details such as the Project Planned Start Date, Project Planned Completion Date, Project Condition and Project Status etc.

The second part focuses on predecessor task details. In your case task (#1):
1) The predecessor task (#1) is scheduled to start on July 14.
2) There seems to be an error in the end date, which needs to be addressed.
3) Predecessors 2 Tasks: 1216700:8ff and 884726:7ff
4) Successors 2 Tasks: Task #2 and Task #3 on the same project

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

The first part of the information displays predecessor project details such as the Project Planned Start Date, Project Planned Completion Date, Project Condition and Project Status etc.

The second part focuses on predecessor task details. In your case task (#1):
1) The predecessor task (#1) is scheduled to start on July 14.
2) There seems to be an error in the end date, which needs to be addressed.
3) Predecessors 2 Tasks: 1216700:8ff and 884726:7ff
4) Successors 2 Tasks: Task #2 and Task #3 on the same project

Level 8

Thank you for validating my assumptions. I'm going to submit a ticket to see if support can figure out why my dates look off.