Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Help cutting through the assignment noise

Level 5
Hi all, We've been live now for just about a month. I've gotten alot of feedback from our workers- that they're having trouble cutting through the noise. One report they are looking for is- projects they've recently been assigned to (not necessarily at the task level- but basically want to know they're workload.) We haven't mastered the notifications yet- so I'm hoping a report would work. Any suggestions? tks Karen
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
Hi: You can create an assignment report and only show the project name and user name (and other interesting attributes) without showing the task detail. Consider the report below. I sort and group by the user name. Then, you can see for each user, what project they are assigned to and so on. Is this close to what you need? Thanks, Eric [cid:image001.png@01D2342E.302EA930] ________________________________

Level 5
Thanks Eric- I can always count on you for a quick response. I'm really a beginner here. what are the filters for an assignment report? and any way to show the day/time a project was added to the system? tks Karen

Level 10
Sure. You’re looking for an attribute called Project:Entry Date - Look to the right of the attribute list below: [cid:image005.jpg@01D23431.F6C5B680] Without knowing specifics, I would be tempted to filter on a specific home team. [cid:image006.jpg@01D23431.F6C5B680] You could also filter it down to everyone who reports to a specific manager: [cid:image007.jpg@01D23431.F6C5B680] You might also want to filter it down to projects that were created in the last few months: [cid:image008.jpg@01D23431.F6C5B680] You’ve got options! Eric