Expand my Community achievements bar.

Has anyone set up an internal Workfront Community for their Company?

Level 4
I love the Workfront Community and I believe there are so many benefits available and the collaboration is extremely valuable. In order to foster this same level of collaboration, alignment and upskill users across business units, centers of excellence and really just share knowledge, I would like to build an internal WF Community so we can share proprietary information, etc. Has anyone else had experience doing something like this? Or building a physical WF Community where WF Champions meeting monthly, etc? What forums/platforms have you used, what works, what are the recommendations, etc? How can I launch and scale this internally to develop a culture of collaboration and WF Champions? Suggestions and personal stories appreciated! Jaclyn Reiter, PMP, SA Equifax, Inc.
4 Replies

Level 2
Hi Jaclyn - we have a few different methods that we are using with our company to foster an internal community. We are still ramping up so not everything is fully in place, but we are working towards it. We have a few different instances of Workfront (split on functional area) and within each instance we have several teams in place / coming on board. For example, our IT instance has teams split on regions / functional area that are split by company in Workfront. So what are we doing? MS Teams - global group of power users & admins for all instances to discuss ideas / share input and discuss system changes & experiences MS Teams - group of admins for our instance only. As we span different teams, we use this to coordinate any changes, troubleshoot and have an open forum to keep things consistent MS Teams - group of all users for our instance only. This allows people to ask questions / start discussions / post tips and tricks that are available to everyone who uses our instance to see SharePoint Hub - one page stop for link to application, our internal user guides, Workfront community / help etc. This keeps all the information in one place Governance - the admins of our instance meet every two weeks to talk about our progress for those still on boarding, discuss changes to global settings, how we are using the system, etc. We also have a document that lists out all the settings on the "Setup" page with their current values. Any changes to global settings need to be discussed and approved with this group. We're still evolving to figure out what works best but so far this has been great to help keep us connected especially with multiple instances and multiple teams in each instance of Workfront. If MS Teams is not available, you can likely use Slack, Yammer, some other group collaboration tool to get the same impact. Hope this helps! Rich Blickley Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc.

Level 4
Thank you for the information! I have been thinking along these same lines and it is great to hear this is working for your needs. We also have multiple instances and various functional teams within each of those instances. I appreciate your input! Jaclyn Reiter, PMP, SA Equifax, Inc.

Level 1
Hi Jaclyn, We also love Workfront and find many great uses to collaborate, document, track, etc. We encourage all teams to use it, and each team can require that their work requests are gathered strictly through Workfront. Our goal is to get all requests one department may have for another to live in Workfront, but we are allowing things to happen organically and through the buzz that our early adopters are creating. With our early adopters, we have Lunch and Learn sessions to share tips and tricks, and ask questions. It has the same feel as the Workfront community, plus we get lunch. :) Marcie Long Members First Credit Union

Level 2
We have an internal Yammer page that all Workfront users are added to. We post updates about processes, load training files, give updates, etc. so that every user can see them, find information/tutorials and stay up to speed. Malisa Lieser Tennant