Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Grouping that works on report but not chart

Level 2
Hi All, I'm looking for some help on a task report. I'm looking to group the tasks by the Home Team (in addition to Progress Status and Project Name). I used text mode (syntax below). The correct Home Team shows up on my report Details tab; however, when I pull the group into a Chart as the X axis, it shows all tasks under one lump value of "No Value". group.0.linkedname=project group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn group.0.namekeyargkey.0=project group.0.namekeyargkey.1=name group.0.valuefield=project:name group.0.valueformat=string group.1.enumclass=com.attask.common.constants.ProgressStatusEnum group.1.enumtype=TASK group.1.linkedname=direct group.1.namekey=progressStatus group.1.type=enum group.1.valuefield=progressStatus group.1.valueformat=val group.2.linkedname=assignedTo group.2.namekey=view.relatedcolumn group.2.namekeyargkey.0=assignedTo group.2.namekeyargkey.1=homeTeam group.2.namekeyargkey.2=name group.2.valuefield=assignedTo:homeTeam:name group.2.valueformat=string textmode=true Here's the Chart: I have gotten the spread I want by using the Home Team ID; however, it's nonsensical with the IDs: How can I make this work? (Or am I hitting a system limitation?). Thanks, Jen Jennifer Gulledge Elkay Manufacturing Company Inc
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Jennifer, Bad news. Well know issue - Workfront doesn't support any textmode syntax if you want to use Charts :( As soon as you do some changes in text mode for grouping, it will show No Value on the chart.... Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 2
Hi Jennifer, I had the same problem on a project report and one of the workaround I found is to add a calculated field in the project custom form with the data I wanted to use in my group. In your situation I would try to attach a custom form to all the tasks you want in your report with a calculated field that pulls the home group. Maybe try first in the sandbox preview. Thanks, Yannick Yannick Seifert WebMD

Level 10
On your user custom form, assuming you have one attached to every user in your system, add a calculated field with Home Team.Name in the calculation. Then use this field in your report instead of the text mode. Narayan Raum Senior System Admin, Solution Architect & Delivery Lead of Workfront. Service & Business Manager. COE Lead. AVP Enterprise Data Governance Execution (EDGE) SunTrust Bank