Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Grouping tasks in a report based on the team. Including if there is a specific person assigned to that task, and the team they are on.

Level 6

We are having tons of issues in terms of trying to do something like an hours report group by the team assigned. We are trying to see what the total amount of tasks are per team (including if there is a specific team member assigned), and the hours associated with it. There doesn't seem to be a clean way to get this!

Help please!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Tim - Any time you want to potentially group by people, I recommend an assignment report. It creates different items for every assignee on a task or issue so that you can group them by Assigned To and it appears for each of them separately. I have a lot of teams that love it as it can combine tasks and issues as well as shows how the planned hours are split for a user.

The one issue you will run into is the team grouping. Are the teams that are interested in reporting like this the Home Team of your users? For my example below in Europe, the department is the Home Team so I can do this for Medical Writing and Creative. However, if a specific client wanted it, I could not as client teams are "other teams" for a user. (And for clients I tend to role based reports as we don't need the client all up in our resourcing of individuals.)

0694X00000At6KKQAZ.png