Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Grouping Labels Removed in Text Mode

Level 4

Hello Community,

Please consider the scenario in the attached file. There is an example of a view with two levels of grouping. I want to remove the grouping labels and just look at the information in this particular view. There is too much of a repetition, especially when all records in the view are collapsed. For instance, need to remove the words, License, Home Group, and Name (see all red boxes). Want to leave everything else (see all green boxes). There was a trick doing this in text mode. Could anyone remind me of the code changes I need to do in text mode for those fields in order to remove/hide those grouping labels/names? Thank you in advance.

Best,

+Pavlin

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Pavlin - I do this all the time to to clean things up. I take out the extra stuff and then put a name=

In your example though, you do have to be careful with the enum's otherwise you'll get a weird display. So I put the full text for you.

textmode=true

group.0.enumclass=com.attask.common.constants.LicenseTypeEnum

group.0.name=

group.0.valuefield=licenseType

group.0.enumtype=USER

group.0.type=enum

group.0.valueformat=val

group.1.name=

group.1.valuefield=homeGroup:name

group.1.valueformat=string

group.1.iscollapsed=true

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Pavlin - I do this all the time to to clean things up. I take out the extra stuff and then put a name=

In your example though, you do have to be careful with the enum's otherwise you'll get a weird display. So I put the full text for you.

textmode=true

group.0.name=

group.0.enumtype=USER

group.0.type=enum

group.0.valueformat=val

group.1.name=

group.1.iscollapsed=true

Level 4

Thank you @Anthony Imgrund‚ . Your suggested code worked like a charm. Thank you for your help.

Just for completeness, I'm going to display below the original code as well as your suggested improved/updated piece of code for other people to see the difference, if interested. Thank you again for your help! Really appreciate it!

##-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

## ORIGINAL CODE (including the grouping labels)

##-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

textmode=true

group.0.valueformat=val

group.0.namekey=licenseType

group.0.enumtype=USER

group.0.linkedname=direct

group.0.type=enum

group.1.linkedname=homeGroup

group.1.namekey=view.relatedcolumn

group.1.namekeyargkey.0=homeGroup

group.1.namekeyargkey.1=name

## UPDATED CODE (excluding the grouping labels)

textmode=true

group.0.name=

group.0.enumtype=USER

group.0.type=enum

group.0.valueformat=val

group.1.name=

group.1.iscollapsed=true

Cheers,

+Pavlin

Level 4

Anthony, I tried your suggestion with a report I'm editing, grouped by parent milestone tasks, to remove Parent:Name:Task. I was able to remove Parent:Name but now it's showing {0}:{1} in it's place. Can you please tell me what I am missing?

textmode=true

group.0.valuefield=parent:name

group.0.valueformat=string

group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn

group.0.name=

Level 10

You need to remove the namekey. You only want to keep valuefield (or valuexpression) and valueformat (again, unless you have some time of enum)

Try

textmode=true

group.0.valuefield=parent:name

group.0.valueformat=string

group.0.name=

Level 4

That worked, thank you. Excuse my ignorance, but can you define "enum" for me?

Level 10

No problem. They are fields where the "real" value isn't what you normal see in reporting. An example is status. Technically the value for a Current project is CUR. So if you remove those lines, your grouping will say CUR instead of Current.

So for a grouping with no label for Project Status, you'd need

group.0.name=

group.0.enumclass=com.attask.common.constants.ProjectStatusEnum

group.0.valuefield=status

group.0.enumtype=PROJ

group.0.type=enum

group.0.valueformat=val

textmode=true

Level 4

Thank you for the explanation! Happy Holidays!