Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Grouping Kanban Backlog

Level 7
Is there a way to apply Groupings in a Kanban Backlog? In reading the Help articles on Workfront Support, I see that you can set Filters, Views and Groupings in a Scrum Backlog, but only allowed to set Views in a Kanban Backlog. Is there any workaround to this, or does anybody know if this is something that will be coming down the road in future Workfront releases? Thanks, Terry Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services
6 Replies

Level 3
This is SO needed. If you haven't submitted it to the Idea Exchange, I encourage you to do so and repost here so people can vote it up. There may already be as similar Idea in there, in which case cross-promoting it here will help. I think there are far fewer Kanban users -- it's a newer functionality -- so those of us who do use it are going to have to make some noise. Michelle Yard Manager, Marketing Operations Insperity Houston, Texas

Level 7
I went through the Agile list in the Idea Exchange and did not see this specific request, so I just added it. Glad to know that I am not the only one who thinks this is needed... KANBAN BACKLOG - ABILITY TO GROUP, FILTER "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360014565974-Kanban-Backlog-Ability-to-Group-Filter">https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360014565974-Kanban-Backlog-Ability-to-Group-... Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 2
Hello! Thank you for the feedback. We have identified that the Kanban Backlog tab was missing filtering and grouping and will be adding those options as part of our patch release this week, which will bring it in sync with the Scrum Backlog tab. Regarding any other feature requests, please continue to work with your support representative. Thanks again! Jacob Turpin Senior Software Engineer - Workfront

Level 7
Thanks! We have some VERY HAPPY Kanban team members today. I have already created a few filters for them this afternoon, and they are looking forward to using them in tomorrow's standup. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 2
Excellent! That's great to hear. Glad to help! Jacob Turpin Senior Software Engineer - Workfront