Expand my Community achievements bar.

Grouping a Notes report by Parent Task

Level 7
I'm making a Notes report for a certain project, and I'd like to be able to group the notes by Parent Task and then by Task. But it doesn't allow me to use the grouping of Parent Task. Is there a way around this using Text Mode? I am not sure how to do it. Leah Janz Metro Transit
2 Replies

Level 2
Hi Leah, I think this is the code you're looking for. This will group your notes by Parent Task and then Task Name. If the task doesn't have a true parent task, it looks like it's pulling the project name. There might be a solution that doesn't pull in cases like these, but I'm not too sure. group.0.linkedname=task group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn group.0.namekeyargkey.0=task group.0.namekeyargkey.1=backlogParent group.0.valuefield=task:backlogParent group.0.valueformat=string group.1.linkedname=task group.1.namekey=view.relatedcolumn group.1.namekeyargkey.0=task group.1.namekeyargkey.1=name group.1.valuefield=task:name group.1.valueformat=string textmode=true Hope this works for you! Amanda Banks Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, Inc. Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, Inc.