Expand my Community achievements bar.

Globally Attached Custom Form to Workfront Objects - Projects, Issues, Documents

Level 2

Is there a way to globally attach a custom form to a Workfront Object - Projects, Issues, Documents?  When a Workfront user is working in a specific object in Workfront and they navigate to the details page of the object, we want a custom form to be automatically embedded on the page so that we can collect specific information/data.   

7 Replies

Community Advisor

You can use Fusion to do this, and it is the only way you can do this to documents.

For the rest of the objects like tasks, issues and projects, we attach the form from the start by using all templated methods such as project templates, request queues (queue topics), and the project settings relating to tasks -- basically removing the choice from the user by ensuring that they only use objects where the object is configured to be created with the global form already attached.

Level 2

Thank you.   

I am familiar with utilizing custom forms in Request Queues, but we didn't want to collect the data at the time of the request, we wanted to collect the data post submittal.   

For project templates, I understand what you are saying, but I am trying to prevent from having to go back and individually touch all my project templates.   Also, if someone creates a project outside of utilizing a template, we still want this custom form to be available to them.   

What we are really trying to do is collect metadata information through a custom form prior to passing an approved asset or content fragment to AEM DAM. 

Community Advisor

I personally don't believe there's a way to automatically attach a form just because someone looked at a page, but good luck with your search.

Level 2

I appreciate your response, but I want to clarify, I am not looking to attach a form because someone viewed a page.  I want attach a form to the different object types globally.   

When creating the custom forms we are already selecting the object types that we want the form to be available to, it would be a really nice feature if there could be a toggle switch or a checkbox to control the display on those object types.  Meaning if you want to display all the time, you toggle it on, if you want to it to just be available and not display unless someone added it, you toggle off.   This would prevent the dependency on fusion. 

Community Advisor

I'm still not understanding but we have a dropdown field called "Show/Hide" and if you select "Show", all the other sections on the form become visible. We have it defaulted to "Hide" and the sections are all hidden. That's all I can think of.

Level 2

Joe I think the best method and what I have used in the past is to pull a report for these different objects. 

You can select all and then edit/attach the custom form. See screenshots as examples. That would be my suggestion based off of what you are saying.Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 10.49.41 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-08-22 at 10.49.55 AM.png

Level 2

Thank you.   That makes sense. 
It is a good work around.  I think Adobe can fix it so that you can do it as you are setting up the custom form while you select the object types for the custom form and either enable visibility or disable visibility. Everything will be done all in one spot.