Expand my Community achievements bar.

Getting Started with API

Level 1
I am a sys admin for my organization's Workfront and looking into building an API instance for a couple groups I support. I have experience in developing data pulls and reports and maintaining/improving code using an already built API but never built one from the ground up. I am trying to find some assistance in getting started. The examples provided in GitHub and the information provided seems to be lacking or unclear in the area of how to get started. I believe I may be over thinking. I will be able to run with it once I can set up an API that accesses my organizations Workfront and pulls a couple fields of data. My organization leans heavily on web apps so I am looking into using a browser to GET and display data. We intend for the API to be read only as it will be used for reporting. I plan on recreating a type of report I developed for another system that will provide users with information that we have not been able to display with Workfront (e.g., Percentage based on the sum of the hour types (task / (general + task - Absent general hour type))). Richard Breckenridge Boeing Information Services Technology Integration
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 4
I'd take look at this article if you haven't seen it already. https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/API-Basics-638808549 Daniel Cooley Rego Consulting