Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Getting Role Information to Appear on Report

Level 2
Hi, I am wondering how I can get role information to appear on a report when all tasks have been assigned to users with specific roles. My understanding was that as long as a user with a specific role was assigned to at least one task, they would appear. I've included a screenshot of the blanks I'm seeing. Brett Coulam Zions Bancorp
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 8
Hey Brett, Are those columns (BA Assigned, Primary Operations Analysy, etc.) custom fields on your task? Can you post a screenshot of your report's view/fitlers? Kirsten Heikkinen Trek Bicycle Corporation

Level 2

My filter/view is set to the report default. I also have the filter settings attached. Brett Coulam Zions Bancorp0690z000007ZhXPAA0.png

Level 5
What is the calculation for the column? Melinda Layten Technical Project Manager - API and Integration Workfront

Level 2
Thanks everyone for the help. I figured out that the data for these fields is entered on a custom form tied to the issue request, but once the issue is converted to a project, the fields cannot be edited unless by an admin. So it's a matter of training users to not skip over the custom form where this information is entered. This is resolved now. Brett Coulam Zions Bancorp

Level 5
FYI you can achieve similar behavior with a calculated column: Specific Roles Column, replace Art Director with your role: displayname=Art Director listdelimiter=< d i v > listmethod=nested(projectUsers).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("Art Director",{user}.{role}.{name}),{user}.{name}) valueformat=HTML Remove the spaces from < D I V > (if I do that here it will disappear as it's HTML formatting) There is a bunch of discussions in the reporting forum about reporting on collections. Melinda Layten Technical Project Manager - API and Integration Workfront